Food for All - Food for All baskets are located around the church where non-perishable food donations are received each Sunday. The donated foods are delivered by volunteers to the Western Fairfax Christian Ministries food pantry. Everyone is invited to bring a non-perishable food item each week to help keep the food pantry shelves full throughout the year.
Most urgent food pantry needs:
- Fruit Juice
- Canned Collard Greens
- Canned Beets
- Canned Mixed Vegetables
- Canned Meet
- Baby Wipes
- Diapers size 2 and larger
Lamb Center: Supporting homeless adults in Fairfax County
Seasonal collection of thermal underwear, socks, and underwear for adults may be placed in the Donation Center in the hall outside the Narthex. Ongoing collections of the following items are needed:
- Styrofoam bowls, dinner & dessert plates
- Coffee, creamer, sugar & cold drink mix, styrofoam coffee cups 8-9 oz
- Laundry detergent & liquid bleach
- Travel-size shampoo and deodorant
- Underwear, belts, t-shirts, & socks
- 55 Gal trash bags
- Bath towels & wash cloths
- Adult tooth brushes
- 13 gal trash bags w/ drawstrings
- Washable laundry bags (not mesh)
- Disposable razors
- Gift card to major discount stores
- Bus tokens, metro passes, smart trip cards
GRACE Ministries – Donations for GRACE Ministries can be dropped off in Fellowship Hall beginning the Sunday prior to a GRACE Ministries distribution. GRACE Ministries is held on the second Saturday of each month. Donations of the following items are appreciated:
- good condition, seasonal clothing bagged by clothing type
- bed and bath linens, and dishware (We are unable to accept other household items.)
- small toys (We are unable to accept large toys.)
- books for young children
- diapers, especially sizes 4, 5 & 6.
PLEASE TAKE ALL OTHER HOUSEHOLD ITEMS TO WFCM, SALVATION ARMY, CLOCK TOWER, OR SOME OTHER THRIFT STORE. THANK YOU!
U Feed Others (UFO) weekend food bags – UFO’s are distributed to children at Bull Run and Centre Ridge Elementary Schools who do not have enough to eat on the weekends. Gallon size zip-lock plastic bags are filled with non-perishable, nutritious food items kids will enjoy. The bags are distributed by the school counselors each week. UFO good bags are collected on the first Sunday of each month.
To see where you can buy items for UFO food bags, download Pastor Alan's Shopping List.
- 2 breakfasts (granola bars, oatmeal, small cereal box, etc)
- 2 lunches (cheese/crackers, cup of soup, peanut butter crackers, etc)
- 2 dinners (easy mac-n-cheese, individual beef ravioli, tuna, etc)
- 2-3 snacks (applesauce, pudding, fruit cup, fruit snacks, etc)
- 1 juice box
Kate Hanley Shelter: Shelter for Homeless Families in Fairfax County
Ongoing collections of the following items may be placed in the Donation Center in the hall outside the Narthex. Please bring gift cards to the church office.
(All items must be new and unopened)
- Disposable diapers (various sizes)
- Baby wipes
- Baby lotion
- Baby shampoo
Clothing (Items must be new)
- Hosiery (for kids & adults)
Gift Cards – Our biggest need!
- Wal‐mart, Target, Giant, Costco
- Gas cards (Exxon, Shell, Etc.)
- American Express, Visa
- Fun certificates (movie passes, bowling passes, etc.)
- Beauty/salon certificates (Bath and Body Works, massages, manicures, Hair Cuttery, etc.)
- Moving boxes
- Antibacterial wipes
- Powdered laundry detergent
- New pillows
- Paper towels
- Ziploc bags (sandwich & freezer)
- Scrub brushes
- Large heavy duty trash bags
Personal Hygiene Items
- Body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream & disposable razors
- Hand & body lotion
Tutoring & Office Supplies
Holiday Food Baskets - In the months of November and December, CUMC collects non-perishable food items to fill Thanksgiving and Christmas Food Baskets to be delivered to families in need in the Centreville community. In 2013, 300 food baskets were delivered to support families in need of food assistance. Thank you to all who support the Holiday Food Basket Ministry!
Corn, green beans, yams, peas, various vegetables, cranberry sauce, canned fruit, gravy , soup, ravioli, spaghetti-O’s, chili, baked beans, canned tuna/salmon/chicken, stuffing (box or bag), instant potatoes, rice (box or bag), peanut butter, jelly, spaghetti noodles and sauce, mac and cheese, pasta, salt and pepper, 2 lb bags or sugar and flour, pancake mix, syrup, cereal/oatmeal, granola bars/snack items, Jell-O or instant pudding mix, brownie mix/cake mix and frosting, instant meals, canola/vegetable/olive oil bottles.